This completion of articles by Lawrence C. Ragan, Director of Instructional Design and Development for Pen State’s World Campus, first appears as a series of columns in Distance Education Report’s “Between the Clicks” Column. The principles were first developed at Penn State’s World Campus to help faculty focus their investment of time in online learning. Ragan identifies barriers and limitations that could be potential problems or barriers, and outlines specific strategies to help faculty meet instructional expectations.
The principles are:
- Show Up and Teach
- Practice Proactive Course Management Strategies
- Establish Patterns of Course Activities
- Plan for the Unplanned
- Response Requested and Expected
- Think Before You Write
- Help Maintain Forward Progress
- Safe and Secure
- Quality Counts
- (Double) Click a Mile on My Connection
The booklet is available here.