U.S. News and World Report has a post a bout trends for 2017 of which online students should be aware. The fire trends they list are:
- Greater emphasis on nontraditional credentials (i.e., microcredentials and certificates rather than degrees).
- Increased use of bid data to measure student performance. (To help make sure students are on track.)
- Greater incorporation of artificial intelligence into classes. (For student support and assistance.)
- Growth of nonprofit online programs.
- Online degrees in surprising and specialized disciplines. (For disciplines that might not a first seem suited for online.)